#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Monday, August 12, 2013

Yee Haaaaaw

As we do every year, we went to Fort Worth to cowboy it up at the rodeo. 
This year was Maven's first time.  When we went last year, she was still set on 98.6° in the potbelly. 
We actually watched the rodeo this time, which was a first for Tay.  Usually we visit all the animals, go to the petting zoo, ride a few rides, and then leave when the kids' timers go off.  I can't blame it entirely on the kids.  My attention span for redundancy isn't expansive at all.  I can watch a few bull riders and barrel racers, but after the 34th 8 second go, I feel like I am watching re-runs.  The same goes with Nascar.  I mean, 500 laps... really?!
We went in mid-May, but it was freakishly cold.  I think Texas weather is bi-polar.  Its highs are super high, and its lows are super low.  But, it can never quite make up its mind.  Shorts at Christmas-time?  Don't mind if I do.  Sweaters in May?  Absolutely.










After the Stockshow and Rodeo, we used our tickets to get into the Fort Worth Museum for FREE.  That museum is totally worth whatever they charge, though.  I mean, a paper airplane shooter, a glow room, AND a tornado maker?  Um, yes, please!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed!