#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Monday, February 3, 2014

You can the girl out of the trailer...

But you can't take the trailer out of the girl.

In my case, this is true.  Our current living situation is something that will always be a part of me - like an incurable rash or an STD.  However, this reality isn't always so terrible.  Sure, I share a rectangular cell with six other beings, two of them being furry. (And I am not counting CK's adorably cute body fuzz, here)
Yeah, we had to learn that leaving doors open can lead to field mice camping out under the sink, or even in Maven's bed if we are away for a while.
And we definitely have had to learn how to stay the frick out of each other's way.
But how else would I have learned that mice scream when they're caught?  (Or rabbits... right, Kelli?)  Or how else would my kids learn about the VERRRRRY important value of personal space?  (Right, Mom??) What about the unusual skill of survival, since we do not go #2 in our bathroom, of holding our bowels until absolutely necessary?
(We do have a brand spankin' new marvelous bathroom here at the resort, so I can't say we are exactly camping out here.)
The kids have made best friends with a calf, a pony, and a very not-shy-about-showing-how-grotesquely-well-endowed-he-is horse.  They are legends around here for their mechanical bull riding abilities.  And I am now the speediest Laundromat customer consumer user (?) this side of Compton.
In all seriousness, I have really learned what I need and don't need.  I have yet to "lack" in this RV.  (I did find space for 40 pairs of my shoes.)  We don't feel like we are doing without and have yet to utter the words "Ugh.  If only we were in a house!"
In due time we will be in our house with enough acreage to spread out.











This is Tay's favorite thing to do - ride the huge rocking horse. Once, a teenager got on it. She walked up to him and said "You need to get off."  Just very matter of factly. And he did it. Immediately. 


This is CK's first time riding the bull: 
Here he is now:
This is Tay's first time: 
I don't have a video of her now, but others were taking pics, claiming she is so good for her age. Oh, man... There I go sounding so parental pompous. (That term is copyrighted by ME, btw. No infringement, guys.)

And, Maven pretty much runs around like the owns the joint. Though, she did muster up a whole sentence during our RV stay here. (This can't from a girl who randomly throws around "baba", "mama", and "mine" to make it appear as though she is having a deep conversation.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed!