#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Monday, November 28, 2011

Peter Piper Pumpkin Decorator

We started out Halloween this year with a little pumpkin decorating.  I don't usually decorate much for Halloween, but this is more of a fall activity.  Therefore, it is still sitting on our porch right now... drenched with rain, frozen, rotting, but still cute.
Christian has a cute little book of pictures to make using your hands.  So, he made a ghost using an outline of his hand on felt.  I had him just use little pins to attach it since I knew glue wouldn't last long.  He wrote "Boo" to the side of the ghost.  Adorable!!  He worked very hard on it.  Even though the ghost is smiling, CK said he is very scary... Just FYI.
As for mine, I knew what I wanted in my head.  So, it was just a matter of figuring out how to do it.  I ended up finding the perfect bird to use for my silhouette on Google images.  Then I used a pencil and rubbed lead all over the back of the print (since I didn't have any transfer paper on hand).  After I finished with that, I just traced over the bird with a pencil pushing the lead outline onto the pumpkin.  Once I painted it and added some black glitter, it looked like this:
Taylor Rose had her first hand at painting.  She was very, very intense about her work.  Then she would stop and smile at her progress.  Maybe she will inherit the family's love of crafts and art! 
Her completed work of fabulous art:
*She didn't make the bow.  She isn't THAT crafty, yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed!