#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Thursday, January 7, 2010

7 days and days and days of Christmas

I let Christian raid the dollar aisle at Target to pick out presents that he could give. His gifts varied from a Cars themed dry erase board for my dad, princess hair bows for Caitlin and Nikki, a plastic pearl bracelet for my mom, a ridiculous foam shark hat for Mark, and many other equally fitting gifts. He even wrapped them himself! Maybe he will teach Ryan how its done next year.



Christmas chaos first rang in on the 19th. We had dinner at our house with my mom, Mike, Shane, and Caitlin. Each family brought a dish - started this tradition last year. This year's theme was Mexican food. Yummo! I made shredded beef tenderloin tacos, my mom made her family's famous hot macaroni (huge macaroni noodles with cheese and ground up red chili in it, baked to perfection), and Shane made up this amazing sort of Mexican chicken stew. We ate that stuff for days!


The next night we went to my dad's for Christmas. There we actually ate in the formal dining room... something we have only done maybe once before. And used the fine china and silver. Fancy schmancy! FYI, nothing was broken :)


Mark really liked his shark hat.  He should probably wear it every day.



Christian LOVES Nikki (Mark's better half).



On the 23rd we drove to Boerne to make it to my aunt's annual Christmas Eve party in her new house. Wow! She did a great job designing the place. We stayed in her guest house/cabin, where I backed into a tree that came out of NOWHERE! Not much damage, but frustrating enough. Ggrrrr. The next day we went to San Antonio to see my Grandma and opened a few presents there. Then we headed back to my aunt's house for la fiesta de navidad.




Christian kept squeezing into the girls' pic
He was so intrigued by "The Christmas Story" (my grandpa reads it every year)


Avoiding the camera


Vogue



The next morning, Christmas morning to be exact, we rushed back to DFW to make it to Ryan's parents'. Rats, we missed all the snow! His grandma flew in from Florida - Christian and I had never met her before! We hung out there, ate a late lunch/early dinner, opened presents, and stayed pretty late.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like ya'll Christmas went well. I hate that I didn't make it to San Antonio this year. Things were just too busy and a little on the crazy side around here. I hope all is well!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!