#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Friday, January 8, 2010

Toddlerisms or One-of-a-kindisms?

Kids are funny, when they aren't throwing things or picking on the husband.
The other night, I put Christian in the shower with me. It is much faster this way, he is supervised, I can pamper myself a bit, and he doesn't recognize different body parts yet... don't judge. Back to the point, Christian was sword fighting with his foam bathtub city street puzzle thingys. I didn't ask any questions UNTIL he said David. Whaaaa the whaaa? David?! Christian's imaginary friend had decided to join our community shower. I felt awkward.
At least his other friend, Jaiden, didn't hop in too! Not to mention the mean closet monkey, the tiger, the big dragon, and the little puppy...
This highly imaginative kid also has some pretty sophisticated eating habits and mature movie preferences. Here he is enjoying smoked oysters and some turnip greens doused in balsamic vinegar, while watching his X-Games skateboarding DVD (the ONLY movie he will watch from beginning to end)...

(acting one of the moves out with his hand)

Some of the less weird, and more endearing things Christian has to offer are expressed in his vocabulary. Here are a few:

To liter [Until later (but isn't always used when "until" is necessary. IE: "when are you going to put your pants on?" "To liter")]

Wherism (Where are they)

Mying (Mine)

Micdadonald's, but it was Donna’s House (McDonald's)

Toffee (Coffee)

Etsercise (Exercise)

Supping (something)

Haffa (have to)

Hurchoo-shark (hurt you sharp, aka knife)

Dood sot Dindad (Good shot Granddad - when playing pool)

keery (scary)

I a boy, I not a baby (obvious)

Ever,ever [always (more times for more emphasis) or he says "you not ever, ever, ever...” meaning never. When he gets in trouble, he likes to say "you ever, ever mean!"]

Sunday (any day after tomorrow)

Yessaday (any day before today)

Four Fo-wee (four wheeler)

Puter (computer)

Diger (Tiger)

Um, what I said? (what was I saying? Or what word do I use?)

Pell (smell)

Jufe (juice)

Tador (Taylor)

Map-hews (Matthews)

Teddy (Kelli or Kelley)

Pepsi (any carbonated drink)


Pock, we all say this because of CK (Pocket)


Moond (moon)

Gee-el (girl)

You best my friend (You are my best friend)

Magnick (magnet)

Cut it down! (cut it out)

Iz you problem ("Its your problem" but always used waaay out of context)

Best I did ever seen (when he loves something, but he says this even when it is something tasted or heard)

Tubes (boobs... this is something he only said once, but it is too hilarious not to record)

Foots (Feet)

Puck (Putt, like for golf)

Cah-rote (Coyote)

Yogit (Yogurt)

Thoose (Those)

Snuck (Skunk)

Thung (Tongue)

Stummy Ache (Stomach/Tummy Ache)

Sercret (Secret)

1 comment:

  1. he sounds like a cutie pie... we are snowed in here...me and the kiddies

    -sarah pottage

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!