#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Friday, October 16, 2009

Redrum!

Christian had his first major meltdown yesterday. IT . WAS . BAD.
We took him to baseball practice at the park like we normally do. Everything was fine. I dropped Ryan and Christian off, and I left to find a bathroom. When I got back, Ryan was carrying Christian to the car with all of his baseball gear in hand. Neither of them looked happy. I asked why they weren't practicing. "Christian doesn't want to. He just wants to play at the park," Ryan said. I told him that was unacceptable and that he needed to join the other kids. We all walked over to where everyone was playing but Christian would NOT let me put him down. "What is this?," I thought. "We do this every single week and now all the sudden he is being weird?" So... I sat with him, tried to play with him, tried to make it look annoyingly fun, and tried to get him to put on his batting helmet. HUGE mistake. When I put the helmet on him the fabric chin strap popped him in the chin... not hard at all... but he started to cry. Wait. He was already crying... he started to WAIL. Everyone there was worried about him and trying to comfort him, which made things worse for some reason. So, we decided to leave - quick. That is when things got really bad. He started screaming and kicking. At first, I tried reasoning with him and told him that he wasn't being very nice so we had to go home. Then, Ryan and I just ignored him. When we put him in the car he was literally screaming so loud it hurt our ears. "I WANT TO PLAY BASEBALL!!" He even started biting at his seat straps. He then figured out how to unbuckle himself - I think he planned on jumping out of the car. After over 10 minutes of that nonsense, I pulled over and got in the back with him. I brushed his hair with my fingers and pointed out things I saw as we drove by. He finally made himself stop crying so he could eat a piece of candy. He had just stopped crying when he realized that I had eaten part of it. It all started again. We could not get home quick enough! And then, as quickly as it started, it was over. Just like that. I don't know what came over him or why he was so upset, but I hope that is the last time he has a fit like that! This must be some way of showing independence or something.

I like to look at the pictures below as a reminder of how sweet he can be! ha ha ha ha!

http://matthewsbunch.blogspot.com/2009/08/little-christian.html
http://matthewsbunch.blogspot.com/2009/08/catch-up.html

Typing of impulsive behavior... I registered for some girlie things! It is so much fun window shopping. I just kept throwing frilly things on my wish list. I don't expect to get everything, and I know picking out the girl clothes on your own is half of the fun of giving the gift. Did you know Amazon has the cutest baby boutique listings? Wow! I loved just about everything over $50! Here are the places we have our baby registries:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed!