#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Little Christian

Christian turned 3 on Monday!! He is officially a 'big boy'! His dino dig party is Sunday afternoon. We are filling up a small pool with sand and another with quick sand, a.k.a. brown cornstarch goo (remember that stuff from elementary school?), then hiding dinosaurs in them for the kids to find. We will also have a slip n' slide and dirt cake.

This year, we have decided that Christian doesn't need toys for his birthday. We would just like everyone to come and enjoy the day with us. We, however, did buy him a few things. Even though we said we would never own a video game system, we broke down and got a Wii. Its interactive, though! He has already mastered the baseball game. We also got him a PSP to watch videos when we travel, though I haven't quite figured the whole thing out. Ryan bought him a few DVD's (He forgot that Christian can't sit still long enough to watch a movie. Got that from me!), a firetruck, and a skateboarding dog. His sweet nanny and her girls gave him a gift card to Target. Her oldest daughter, Chathali, made him the cutest picture frame out of cardboard and drew a picture of the two of them. Probably my favorite gift ever! His Grandma Chel gave him an automatic baseball pitcher that he LOVES! His Aunt Kelli and Grandma Penny gave him a book, monkey board game, and an alphabet puzzle. We already have read that book 10+ times. His Grandma Patty got him some much needed knee and elbow pads. So... for not getting any gifts this year, he is making out pretty like a bandit!

As I mentioned before, Christian has become an avid skateboarder. I don't mean he sits down on the board and has someone push him around. He actually uses the board like a big kid. His favorite thing to do is find a steep driveway to go fast down. Of course, he has a helmet on. He has also mastered flipping off of the side of the pool into the water, thanks to his Uncle Shane - a talent I am not sure I like. I worry too much about him hitting his head on the side. I will have to post pics of him doing front and back flips in the water off of the steps. I don't freak out about that trick quite as much. Its amazing how well that guy can swim. I guess that tip about not using floaties really does enable the child to learn on his own.

I can't believe it was a whole three years ago that I had this fearless boy as a tiny newborn in my arms for the first time. Now I know what my parents meant when they always said "you kids grow up so fast!".

Here are some of my favorite pics of Christian over the past three years:







































1 comment:

  1. Those pictures of Christian are adorable!!! I loved the one when he dressed up as Alfalfa!! (sp?) sooo cute!!! Got a laugh out of it. Hope your doing well!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!