#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Friday, March 8, 2013

Christmas in March


Not quite.  That's just how far behind I am.
I did fun Christmas cards this year.  The making of these cards had me in one of those uncontrollable moments where I can't do anything but ball over in silent laughter.  Ryan didn't find it all so funny, which made it even funnier to me.
We went to Timbuctoo and back for Christmas.  It felt like we circled the world a few times.  Kids seem to make 30 minute trips take an hour, but feel like an eternity.  And, no matter how clean the car starts out, it looks like a tornado of crackers crumbs, shoes, and boogers whooshed through my car.  No matter how clean my kids might be, somehow my window slurps off any bit of grease from their hands.


Here is Maven opening her very first Christmas present ever! Thank you, Bonnie!
We actually went to San Antonio, not Timbuctoo.  We stayed in Boerne, ventured over to Helotes, and went to San Antonio for the day.  Then we rushed back Christmas Eve night after my aunt's annual party in order to have our FIRST Christmas morning at home.  I know the kids don't know what day Christmas is, so we could've done this any morning... but I am sooo not patient.  I have a habit of getting overly excited about a week or two before Christmas. We will have been known to be in mid-conversation as my brain's light bulb turns on with "Let's open just one present"... which always leads to all presents.  I am an excited giver.  I can't wait to see how happy everyone around me gets.  So, I knew if I kept telling myself that this year we were going to do our first tradition Christmas, I would wait.  Plus, we had a HUGE trick in our Santa bag. 
This little, er tiny, guy we named Tank.
 

Here are a few pics of the babies opening their presents:




We didn't get them a whole lot this year.  Mainly the puppy and a few cheap little things.  The coolest present they got were these:
Tools in the very own little toolboxes.  Christian was sooooo...
 EXCITED!  Tay was super frustrated that she couldn't open her box.

 Ryan got them some old electronics from Goodwill so they could take them apart and tinker around.  Christian ran up and gave his daddy a HUGE hug right away.

 Tay got a James Avery cross necklace.
 And Maven got a James Avery ring just like her sister got for first Christmas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed!