#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Grandmall

Did anyone else ever say Grandma like "Grandmall"? 
No?
Was I the only one?
How about "blanklet" instead of blanket?
Spelling did wonders to my speech.  (So did Texas)
 
Back to the point...
Ryan and I had a jumping bean vacation planned for our family.  Meaning, we were going to be jumping around from place to place and town to town.  One of our stops was meant to be San Antonio on our way down to Port Aransas.  It was an aha! moment.  We could visit my grandma, since she hadn't met Maven and we hadn't seen her in about a year.  As luck would have it, that was also the weekend she planned on coming here to visit my mom and us.  Of all the weekends!  It sort of worked out because the kids and I got a chance to visit with her on Friday before we hit the road.  We had a few hours to kill while we were waiting on Ryan to get home from work.  But, as luck would have it again, my aunt had car trouble so they were a bit late getting in town.  Still... no rain on this parade.  We had a great visit. 
The best part - the kids. 
They LOVE my grandma.  
LOVE. 
Especially the girls. 
My grandma said, with tears of joy in her eyes, "Oh, you know, I don't get this very often.  So this is such a special treat."
 
Grandma brought Maven this little outfit and a very soft blanket.
 Maven really liked Grandma.  Sometimes she can be timid towards people, but not Grandma.
 Tay is NEVER timid and is usually really rough. 
 She wanted to hug and hug on Grandma. 
A lot.
 A whole lot.
A whole, whole lot.
 She really like to feel Grandma's skin. 
 Grandma didn't mind at all.
 She examined her skin with Tay.
 And Tay actually... drumroll, please... SAT STILL.
 This is exactly what I did as a kid - played with Grandma's elbow skin. 
Weird?  Maybe.  Fun?  Definitely!

1 comment:

  1. So awesome! Thanks for sharing!
    Jess Melton

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!