#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Locked up

The kids and I were sick FOREVER!  It started with Ryan and ended with Ryan, but didn't miss one of us.  Poor tiny baby Maven.  Look at her little eyes...


For some reason, my kids don't sleep well when they're sick.  I do.  That's all I want to do.  So, I was dragging my rear with a coffee IV in my arm the entire length of our illness.  We went through many activities to keep the kids occupied while they were stuck inside, out of the heat.  I know they were bored half of the time. 
One of our activities was finger paints.  I thought the kids could paint while I tended to sick Maven.  It actually ended up being way more work than I had assumed.

It started out great.
Then Tay decided to paint on the newspaper instead of her construction paper.  I knew what was coming next...
... her body
She painted her legs...
and rubbed it all over her hands. 

Christian made some cool things. 
He scratched his nails in the paint to write words and draw pictures. 
 It was messy fun.


Taylor Rose also got creative with her toys while we were stuck indoors.  She made a tail with her little stretchy monster thing.  She said "I have a tail!" and then made funny animal noises.  She can make anything funny!

Christian drew some really cute pictures.  He said they were little chicks, which is why they have feather hair and triangle noses. I love the one on the right.  Ryan likes the plump fella on the left.  The bottom picture is a racecar with fire - to make it go fast, of course.
 The kids made a Playdough buffet.
 This is my plate - a pretzel, onion ring, cookie, cinnamon roll, chicken fried steak, and a piece of cake.  Yum!  The lunch of champions!

When they weren't picking on each other, they were very sweet.  Its hard being locked indoors for over a week!  (I rhymed!!) 
Here is a video of them singing a song:

1 comment:

  1. Too cute, sorry you guys were all under the weather! You are a super mom with all these fun activities and not even feeling well! You go girl!
    Jess Melton

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!