#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Decor Updates

This summer, I have taken on a few updating projects.  The major one we are working on is the back porch.  I have finished staining the concrete dark brown, stained all the concrete tiles the same, layed all the gravel between the tiles, transplanted our Crepe Myrtle, and painted the outdoor table and chairs white.  Most of the porch cover is painted, but we need to paint around the edges.  I rented a paint sprayer to help me tackle the job a bit quicker.  Boy, did that make a HUGE mess!
I was squinting the whole time, so the paint left wrinkle marks on my face.  This is a preview of what I will look like when I am 75.
 My old lady face to go with my old lady wrinkles.

Taylor Rose helped a bit.  I hope there isn't any lead in that paint!

I will post pictures of the porch makeover when it is complete.  The weather is hindering the project.  As soon as I get the paint brush from the can to the wood, its clumpy.  115 degree heat will dry anything up in 2.4 seconds. 
Another little update I tackled is our dining room table - I painted it stainless steel and restained all the chair legs.  Our table was a rustic light tan color.  You can see it in the background of this video:
Here it is disassembled and ready to paint:

It now looks like this (minus the chairs because they're still drying):
 A tad more modern, don't ya think?

The chairs have a nice fresh look to them.  See the after (left) and before (right):

Even Christian got in on the dirty work. He went along the entire perimeter of our house, dusting the baseboards with a microfiber cloth.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed!