#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it. ~Not Your Average Dictionary

I have so many projects going on right now. 
  • paint new porch cover
  • finish damask wall stamp in bedroom (1/4 of the way done)
  • repaint window ledges (almost done)
  • paint white stripes in living room
  • sew ruffles on Taylor's leggings (1 down, 3 to go)
  • finish Taylor's applique shirts (3 down, 4 to go)
So, I like to work on these things when I have to stay home with the kids because they are sick or whatever.  Instead of convincing Christian to hybernate all day, it is much easier to find tasks to keep him entertained. 
I had CK work on this birdhouse while I painted in our bedroom.
 This is something I came up with after I realized we had too much food coloring filled candy.
 This is something he did while my sister was watching him.  His handwriting has really improved!  Compare here
It really is hard trying to do house projects with an impatient four year old.  There is only so much he can do to "help".  So, while he is occupied with his projects and Taylor is taking one of her two naps, I tackle one of the things on my to-do list.
I found this bench in all its purple glory, painted it black, and added an "M" to it.
 While I was painting the bench, I spotted a painter across the street working on one of the new construction houses.  I asked him to paint my door for me.  It, too, was purple-ish.  Blah.
I hung up a "G" hook (grown ups) and an "L" hook (little ones) as a way to stash our bags for an easy grab on the way out.

 I found this leather chair and had to have it, so I rearranged a little to create this reading area.
 Since we never use our fireplace, I put a little sitting area there.  Its weird, I know.  But it works!  Can't have too many seats.
I found these old school desks for the kids. Christian already uses his quite a bit.  I snazzed them up a little with initials that I made (traced them off of the computer screen). 


1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and wanted to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of (http://matthewsbunch.blogspot.com/) would be interested in.

    Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

    Emily
    epatterson@Primroseschools.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!