#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Monday, June 7, 2010

Playa del Carmen


We returned yesterday from paradise, though, we were super antsy to return to our baby Taylor.  Christian asked about 38 times the day we left "Can I see my baby?".  I think maybe she choked a little when I finally got my hands on her.  I couldn't seem to squeeze her hard enough! 
Aside from that, we had a blast.  We doubled up on this year's big vacation... It was also Ricky and Candice's wedding weekend.  And what an awesome wedding it was!
Ricky's neice, Jaiden, was in Mexico.  As you will remember from a previous post, this is who Christian says is his girlfriend.  Jaiden says they will be "official" when they are big.  (Don't know where she learned this word!)  On the first night, Christian was changing into his swimsuit.  Jaiden said "Oh, you are cute!".  Then as Christian took off his shirt she said "And you have big muscles, of course!".  Well, of course. 

He held both of our arms the whole way to the resort.  He said we are his "best uncle friends".  I have no idea what that means, but it sure is sweet!

Our room at the resort - Gran Porto Real

The shower was huge!

This was included, actually EVERYTHING was included.
(Thus, the term all-inclusive.)
View of the beach from our balcony
What the beach saw of our balcony


This is a whole roasted pig.  Probably the best ham I have ever had.
Christian learned how to cut his own food.  A look of determination...
After-dark poolside entertainment








Christian and Jaiden were best buds the whole time.


Of course I get to stand next to the pilates girl, Candice!  Ugh.
My camera focused on my hand instead of what I intended.  This is a picture of a tiny man-of-war.  The wind blew in a whole bunch of these guys.



Christian opened her candy for her.


 Jaiden sat there forever with her hand out waiting for Christian to dance with her like "boyfriend and girlfriend".
She was stood up for a glow stick and got so mad.  She didn't talk to him for almost 10 minutes.  (I don't think he even noticed)
The first dance.  (Well, after Christian and Jaiden broke it in.)
Father/Daughter dance
Mother/Son dance
Christian and Jaiden were such little love birds.  These poses were not directed.










Good bye!





2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post and looking at all your pics!!

    Selina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even tell you how happy Ricky and I are that y'all came w/us!!! I love all the wonderful pics, stories (best uncle friends might just be my new favorite saying!) & memories that you shared :) Someday when we're all old & gray, I look forward to seeing this post again and remembering how much fun we had, what a special time it was and how much you mean to us!! Love you guys!!!

    ~Candice Dansby ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!