#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break Podunk Style

Not too podunk with my dad's fancy schmancy trailor, but we roughed it a bit.  We went to our farm for Spring Break this year... as we usually do.  This was Taylor's first real venture out.  Christian had tons of fun playing with his cousins and Taylor enjoyed chillin' out by the fire.  Though, she got a heat rash on her sensitive baby skin.  I didn't even think about all the elements her delicate skin was being exposed to at the time.  Her little face was beat red for 2 days (not to mention, she already has a mild case of baby acne). 


As Christian and I rode the 4-wheeler around (four-four-we, as he calls it), we saw many deer blinds.  I explained the purpose of them as mildly as I could... but how do you explain that we shoot and kill deer to eat without sounding barbaric?  He wanted to know if the deer were mean.  I told him that deer are nice.  Then he wanted to know why we shoot them.  I just stopped trying and changed the subject.  I could never be a hunter!  Though, I know those deer have a much better life and are much better for us than any meat I can buy at the grocery store, including free-range.
A buzzard (gross!) made a nest in one of the blinds.  I call it a nest, but there was no bedding or anything.  Just lots and lots and lots and lots of poop and one single egg just laying on the hard wood floor.  My dad wanted us to move the egg, so we took it out.  But we felt bad, so we put it back.  Plus, the momma bird was watching us GLARING down at us waiting to pick our eyes out.  Christian loved the egg and kept trying to kiss "the baby bird" (I didn't let his little mouth get anywhere near that egg).








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed!