#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Monday, January 18, 2010

I have a 6 year old.

We took Christian to Grapevine Mills Mall a few weeks ago to let him ride his skateboard at the X-Games Park. He can easily go down steep driveways and little ramps at home, even attempting a few tricks here and there, so I figured he could do the easy stuff. He was all ready with his board, hat, shoes, helmet, and pads. But, he wasn't big enough. The age limit is 6. Christian kept telling me "But I SIX, Mama!"... but his height and lack of verbs in that sentence were dead give-aways.
I have mentioned this before, but have to remind everyone that I have no idea where he learned to love this sport. Ryan plays baseball and soccer, my dad played baseball, my brothers played baseball and football... I took dance. Luckily, two of my bros know how to skateboard so they teach Christian as he goes. He was so excited!



All excited and ready to go

Poor guy.

I felt so bad for him. He was so pumped! BAM, major let-down.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed!