#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Brain In Love

"The Brain in Love" by Dr. Daniel Amen, M.D.
I started reading this book a few weeks ago (It takes me a while to finish a book with all of my other, um, "activities" going on). It is absolutely superb and so gosh darn interesting.
You can read various pages from the book here.


Its not a sappy love story book, its more about how the brain functions -comparing a normal brain to a toxic brain. Toxic brains can lead to misbehavior, which usually leads towards divorce. Did you know that there really are huge differences in the brains of men and women? Did you know that men really are not wired to multi-task, while women really do just "think, think, think"? Did you know that a certain pitch in a woman's (and infant's) voice really can drive others to temporary insanity? Did you know that a pretty woman really can impair a man's ability to think clearly? Did you know that a child's bond with his/her parents (mainly the mother) sets the tone for all future relationships? A strained bond can actually disrupt hormonal development.


I like to take notes while reading it, and then Google my questions or comments. Which had me run up on this great website:
Healthy Holistic Living
And hot dog!... It references THE Dr. Daniel Amen, author of "The Brain in Love"!
The man is a genius, I tell ya!

As soon as I finish this book, I plan on jumping right into this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed!