#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Monday, February 18, 2013

A turkey's gender can be determined by it's droppings...

I have finally scrounged up all the pictures out there for a Turkey Day post!
I might have the best camera in my family, but I sure do not take the most pictures.  I am usually running around trying to keep pants on my three.  Thats a chore.

This annual trip to the farm would not have been complete without colds.  My kids and their parents are healthy and snot free about 97% of the year.  If we do get sick, its a little cold and its around the time of some event... like Thanksgiving.  While the mucus camped out in our nostrils, we all camped out in the barn.  There were 16 of us in there at one time, not counting the two dogs.  And we probably could've still fit the tractor and 4-wheeler in there with us if we were feeling really hillbilly.  Surprisingly, my kids slept pretty well, sans Maven.  This means I didn't sleep very well, either.  She couldn't breathe if she laid down, but she obviously couldn't sit up while sleeping.  I had her propped up with a few pillows, but there is only so much that can be done on a blow up mattress. 
The food was spectacular, as always.  Its almost required to brag about Thanksgiving food, and for the most part I bet the rest of the population does have pretty good grub.  But, until you've eaten turkey that has been deep fried next to an open pasture (that is doubling as a family baseball field) and green beans grown by your neighbor, you don't know nothin'.  That turkey will steam piping hot and ooze seasoned juice all over the platter just up until the prayer is over.  Then, its time to eat and it turns luke warm/cold-ish.  Every.Freaking.Time.  But, nobody seems to notice.  We all wipe our dusty fingers on our muddy overalls, pull up a folding chair, and dive in like its our last meal.
Later, after dinner, if you're our family, the women put their boots up and the men grab their makeup. 
What's that?  The men grab their makeup?
Yes.  But they don't wear it.  That'd be silly.  They just put it on the women.
 









 
 The makeovers:










 
The men with their works of art:

 
 
 
 
 Aunt Sandra and I tied for first place.  I guess I should say Shane and Ryan tied.  So, if oil and gas doesn't work out for them, at least they both have cosmetology as a back up.
 
 
 Now that family suuuure is a looker!

Next year, we need to hit up Walmart.  We just might blend right in!
 

1 comment:

  1. makeup should be an every year thing to see if they get better hahaha
    Maybe some awesome pictures of us playing both football and baseball next year after filling up on all the food!!

    kelli

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!