#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Grapevine Gawking, Part Uno

Sometimes I get this burst of cabin fever and want to run all over town.  But, I don't like to do it alone.  So, as any lunachick would do, I gather up the WHOLE family for a day out of the house.  All.freaking.five.of.freaking.us.  All mad as a hatter.
I get the kids ready while Ryan gets ready.  This is the system. Then, I get myself ready as Ryan stuffs everyone into the car, which resembles cramming a deflated air mattress back in its original box.  Only arms and legs are flailing and there are high pitched screams echoing throughout the garage.  This works because... after 13 trips to and from the car for things like Tay's pink deer zebra (which is neither - its a Pokemon creature) or a Sock Monkey sticker that Tay just NEEEEEDS or a rubber chicken dog toy that Maven has adopted or to put up a knife that CK snuck out the door with him... it takes about 33 minutes to get the kids packed and buckled (that time is no exaggeration).  And, we.always.forget.something.  Always.  Usually, its just a coupon or something irrelevant (yet, still, my mind will focus on that one forgotten thing for the rest of the day) but, othertimes, its a shoe or a bottle.  If its a shoe, its not worthy of a turn-around.  But, a bottle will calm a screaming baby.  Feeding a baby is one of those things that a parent is absolutely 100% required to do.  Double shoe-ing a kids isn't in the manual anywhere, so the rules are debatable.
Sssoooo... we went out to explore Grapevine and have a family day/annual anniversary dinner at the Gaylord.  First, right at nap time, we landed at the aquarium in Grapevine Mills.  I highly recommend this place.  I ran around in circles like a fat kid with a lollipop.  I looooove adventures and exploring.  I am so happy that this passion has been passed down to my kids. 














I took a picture of this sign for a very good reason.  Remember this?  <--- click on "this" and then scroll down to "crazy fish", around mid-post.
Okay, now read below:
ITS.THE.SAME.FREAKING.FISH.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 That little fish didn't just swim into that box.  I put him there.  ME!  MY HANDS!

Its a good thing I am immortal.



Anway, we all had a REALLY good time at the aquarium.  We will definitely go back.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed!