#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Sunday, September 30, 2012

2 hands old

Christian's age has now moved over to the second hand.  
Six was a hard birthday for me. 
He isn't a baby, toddler, or pre-schooler. 
He is just a boy. 
A kid. 
Time flies and its gross.
I still call him "baby", though.  That has always been my nickname for him.  I probably call him "baby" more than Christian.  Sometimes I might call him "buddy".  (Tay is "munchkin" and Maven is "sugar".)
We had a planned on another really big party like we have always had in the past.  But, we didn't get the invitations passed out in our neighborhood until about 3 days before the party.  Actually, I said "we"... but, that is a lie.  I should say "they".  I paid two of our little neighbors to pass them out for me.  I am not sure they got everyone because they had a lot of left-overs.  Instead, we should have been short a few. 
It was SO NICE having just the family over.  The big kids, a.k.a. grown ups, played the games more than the littles.  You throw out a bunch of shaving cream with a slip n' slide and the fun NEVER ends!  Well, until the shaving cream runs out.  Bummer.
 
I asked that guests bring a gently-used toy to add to a massive toy exchange.  This would be for party favors, a few for Christian's gifts, and the rest for donation. 
I got CK some swimsuits and a few pairs of skate shoes.  I love that he likes shoes!



 Matty and Grandad got him some Heelys.  He has wanted these forever, but the smallest size is a 13. 
 Pops and Penny got him a really cool solar system game (perfect timing for our lesson!) and a Leapster game.
 My mom and Brian got CK some new knee pads and 2 new professional skateboards!!! 
He was super pumped!
 Ryan and I kind of went out of our normal budget and bought CK something special.
 
Then we got out the shaving cream...





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed!