#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music.” -William Stafford

We have had lots of cute kid things going on in our house this summer. 
Since I teach Christian at home, we do school all year long.  Our school days are short (maybe an hour and a half per day, five days per week - except special occasions or especially busy days) so there isn't really a need to take the summer months off.  Plus, he retains the lessons better. 
One day, we did a little questionnare that turned out really cute.  I want to do this every year to see how his answers change.
 Another little change I have seen in Christian is his attention to detail.  He has always noticed EVERYTHING.  (He and Tay both do, just like me.)  For example, he is always the first one to compliment me when I do my makeup a little bit different, wear different perfume, or do my hair a new way.  The other day when his friend came over to play Wii, Christian made him a Mii character.  We have never talked about different ethnicities, so it was really cute how CK worded himself "I made this guy like your kind"  His friend said "Make my hair bigger".  I wish it was that simple for the rest of the population.
 In school, we have been studying geography.  CK got really into maps over our vacation.  When we got back, he drew this map.  It is complete with a big lake and a river in the middle.
 Christian also taught himself how to make different things with balloons.  My mom bought him a little balloon pump and showed him how to tie a knot in them.  After that, he figured the shaping out on his own.  He makes hats...
...Lots of hats...
 ...and swords.
 Maven has taken an interest in TV.  I love how she poses like a big person!
 She also really likes Ryan's owl coffee mug.  She was talking to it!  (She is a very big talker)
 Both CK and Tay are super into costumes.  Christian converted a blue gift bag into a chest shield, complete with a hole for his green "shooter" to stick out.
 And he made this costume for Tay out of a grocery bag.
 They broke into Tay's costume box the other night.  Tay had on high heels, too, but lost them right before I took the picture. 
 Even Maven fell victim, but I don't think she minded one bit!
 They had to balance things out...
 Bad guys beware!  These are some scary dudes!!
 Ggggrrrr...  (she really was growling at me)
 Christian insisted that I take a picture of him doing his TMNT moves.

And, OF COURSE, the kids are playing with bugs this summer.  Christian says he trained his catepillar to do tricks.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! I love CK's costume for Tay! Too funny.

    ~Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs are my entertainment! Your kids are so cute, funny and creative!! Love the homemade costumes, too cool CK!!! Love you guys so much and miss you!
    The Meltons

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!