#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why Can't Birthdays Stop at 21?

I celebrated the 10th anniversary of my 21st birthday not long ago. 
I woke up to a massive sign and a million balloons covering the kitchen. 

Sitting on the counter was a note with instructions. 

The rest of the morning was spent tearing through my house to find gifts hidden in inconspicuous spots.  Each gift had a clue as to where to find the next gift.  The gifts started off pretty bad -  a pink plastic trash can, a stank nasty bottle of knock off perfume from the Dollar Tree, some weird sandpaper contraption that rubs hair off (I tried it on my arm just to see and it actually works!), among a few other equally odd surprises.  I zoomed through until the very last clue - "shiny white California tree."  The shiny part really through me off.  I ended up having to text Ryan for a better clue.  As soon as I did, my brain returned to full function and I solved the riddle - my car.  In my car was a really cool messenger bag and the ugliest shoes I have ever seen. 
Vibram FiveFingers Komodosport LS - in pink and black
I tried them on and then told him that I just couldn't do it, but thank you for the gift.  I have heard so many good things about these shoes, but just didn't think I could get past the weird feeling between my toes.  After giving them a try for a day, I decided that I really do love the fit.  Its crazy how they make my whole body line up perfectly.  So, I now own these hideous, but super awesome things... only in yellow instead of pink.   
Ryan also bought me the most comfortable pillow I have ever laid my big head upon.  I have heard of this pillow, but couldn't understand what all the hype was about.  Even as I opened it out of its packaging, I couldn't see any significant different.  After sleeping on it a few nights while heavily pregnant, I now see the light.  Wow!

1 comment:

  1. I totally have to see those shoes on you! I remember when we saw that dude wearing them at the city scavenger hunt thing in Dallas, haha.

    Also, I love this part of your post "the most comfortable pillow I have ever laid my big head upon." Hahaha! I've never heard of that pillow but want one now. :)
    Can't wait to see ya on Saturday!!

    ~Candice

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!