#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

This year, Ryan had it all planned out. 
After we returned from the farm, the next morning I was supposed to walk into the kitchen and see a bottle of red wine with a note and flowers.  The note said that my mom was going to take the kids while I went to get pampered at a salon (gift certificate was enclosed).  From there, Ryan was going to pick me up and take me out.  He had reservations at H3 in the Stockyards - where we went on our very first date.  (I was supposed to work at the church that night, too.  He had made arrangements for another lady to fill in for me.)
This is how it actually went... Ryan had found out that his uncle's funeral was that very day, which kind of put a damper on the day.  He also had to leave work for the funeral and wouldn't be able to leave work early to pick me up.  He was bogged down with urgent projects.  I woke up with a horrible sore throat from being in the wind at the farm.  The kids were both very tired, fussy, and also had sore throats.  I threw up, partly from being pregnant and partly from whatever was brewing in my system.  I saw the note and had no idea that he wanted me to actually get full-on ready.  Getting a pedicure is something I can do in my pajamas!  So, as the time got closer and I actually talked to Ryan, I figured out what he meant.  I was then out of time to get showered and dressed for a night out.  Plus, I was feeling awful!  I ended up taking a shower anyway and just left my hair curly.  Blah.  I cancelled my salon appointment.  Ryan cancelled dinner. 
Then after talking about how much trouble he had gone to, I decided we should still do something.  So, we ate at TX de Brazil, picked up the kids from my mom's directly afterwards, and then called it a night at around 7:30. 
It wasn't too eventful, but I really appreciated all the thought he had put into everything.  I felt bad that it didn't work out the way he intended, but hopefully we can make up for it next year!


1 comment:

  1. Ah man, that's the way things always go...he definitely gets an A for effort (or E for effort, I always forget which way that saying goes).

    ~Candice

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!