#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy birthday, baby boy!

I can't believe it has been FIVE years since God blessed my life with this precious baby boy.  What a gift!  Every day has been a joy... and most are also a challenge.  Christian is bold, sweet, funny, super smart, loving, rambunctious, energetic, sassy, extremely athletic, very coordinated, talented, and sensitive.  He is definitely a momma's boy but his daddy is his best friend.  He looks forward to his daddy walking in the front door every evening.  I am so happy that I am able to stay home to spend more time with him, teach him school, and watch him grow.
We had our own little party at home on his actual birthday.  He was with me when we bought the skateboard deck (no wheels, just a deck that is made for doing tricks on the carpet).  I had to think of something when he saw me put it in the cart, and the only person I could think of was Tristan.  I told him it was for her 24th birthday.  He gave me a look like I was nuts... which made me lose it.  I couldn't even stand up I was laughing so hard.  He said "Well, maybe if she doesn't like it then she can give it to me."  I told him "maybe".  I am such a bad liar! 
 He had no idea what was going on and was already in his pajamas, ready for bed.
 ...just realized what was going on...
 ...super excited!!!...
 a bubble machine (I got it for his party, but it doubled as a gift)
 an iPhone speaker thingy that he can carry around
 a teeny tiny mini skatepark and skateboards (like the size of a paperclip)

 two skyball paddles and a ball - NOT an inside toy, turns out.  Haha!  Lesson learned.
 headphones for his PSP and iPhone

 skateboarding trick deck
 Tay loved the balloons
 She kept saying "awww" because she thought the puppy was so cute
 Trying out some tricks

 Kyle took CK to get some real golf clubs.  He has played with them almost every day since. (These pics were taken first thing in the morning, so he is still in his undies)
 He thinks he is so big, now.
 Look at that concentration!  (Now he needs a new golf bag.  That red and blue one has got to go.)



2 comments:

  1. So awesome CK! We love you and we miss you but we are so grateful that you are part of our lives! You are such an amazing dude!
    Enjoy the 5th year! See ya soon!
    Mike, Jess and Sydney Melton
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. e love you and Miss, but we are grateful to, so that, as part of our lives. Are you a man is amazing..
    Baby boy gifts

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!