#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Thursday, August 11, 2011

VBS, Minus the Vacation Part

I taught VBS.... meaning I was surrounded by tired and cranky 4 year olds for 5 days straight from 8 am to 12:30 pm.  There wasn't enough coffee in the world to wake me up to deal with the screaming, running, arguing, tattling, kicking, and potty accidents.  Christian was in my class and I think that made it harder.  He is NOT a morning person, doesn't do good when he is tired, and is very cranky when he is hungry -  a lot like me.  Every day he had all of that working against him.  I may have been harder on him, too, because he is mine and I know what to expect from him. I am glad I did it though.  I feel like I did what God wanted me to do.  A while back, I filled out a very extensive survey to see what my gift(s) is/are.  Turns out, I am good with kids... so, I use that God-given where it is needed.
It was a great program.  There were lots of really fun and educational activities.  The only thing I would change?  The snacks.  Why serve super sugary snacks to kids with empty bellies?  The kids all went into sugar overload after their fruit snacks and CapriSun on Monday, rice krispy treats on Tuesday, brownies on Wednesday, ice cream Thursday, and bomb pops on Friday. 
The kids all worked on learning 4 new songs, complete with hand motions.  On Thursday, the parents were invited to watch the kids put on a little show.  It was absolutely adorable!  I wish I could've recorded it.  I had to sit down in front and go over the motions with the kids, so I couldn't hold a camera at the same time.  Ryan had to wrestle with Tay, so he definitely wouldn't have been able to do it. 
The theme was "Drive".  I printed these little cars and put a pic of each kid in the drivers seat, along with a pit pass for each.


 I couldn't have done it without these girls!  (I had one more helper, but she is MIA here)
 Ready to go!
 Lukas (CK's cousin) is all grinning it up.  Goofy boy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed!