#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Resurrection Day

The kids had THUH-REE Easter celebrations!  So, we didn't do anything at all at our house.  We did go to church... the important part.  But, we didn't have an egg hunt or give them any more sugar.  We did get Tay 2 pairs of little preppy Polo shorts and CK got a remote control car.
Saturday night we went to Ryan's parents.  Taylor had her first ever Easter egg hunt.  She really loved it!  I wasn't sure if she would know what to do.  I should have known, though.  If there is food (candy) involved, that girl can sniff it out like a bloodhound.  She really wanted to stop to eat the egg's contents before finishing her search.  But, I "egged" her on to keep going... hahahaa!  After Tay was done, she tried put her eggs back in the bushes.  She really thought they belonged there.
Christian had his hunt after Tay was done.  He flew through it.  They thought they hid them hard, too!  He ran all around the yard finding eggs in places that I never would have thought to look.
On Sunday, after church, we went to my mom's house so Christian could decorate eggs with her.  They did this last year and we came up with some really cool eggs!  My mom also gave all of us our Easter baskets... Yes, Ryan and I got one.  It wouldn't be the same if we didn't!
Then that night, we went to my dad's.  The kids didn't have a hunt there, but they did get some really cute Easter gifts. 
We still have a drawer FULL of candy.  Sadly, I think all of the Dove chocolate is gone.









The next day...
 On a sugar high, Christian had a strong urge to decorate himself with his stamps.  No part of him (even the lower parts) was left unmarked.


2 comments:

  1. Ha! Meredith you are so funny! The smocked outfits are just so classic Southern Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! I love Tay's choco covered face! CK looks so proud of his egg stash, haha! That's a REALLY good pic of him! I like that blue color on him :)

    ~Candice

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!