#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Monday, September 13, 2010

Last Trip of the Summer...

Our good friends invited us out to their family's lake house on Possum Kingdom.  Happy birthday, Candice!!  We left earlier than everyone else, so we piddled around, stopped at Dairy Queen, and hung out for a bit.  Ryan is very against dining in at Dairy Queen, but this one was quite decent.  The drive seemed to take forever in the dark with no landmarks to speak of.  When we finally got there around midnight, we drove up in the middle of a fiesta!  The entire community was outside of the lake house hanging out, drinking some cold beer, and living it up.  The kids WERE asleep.  But there was no way CK was gonna miss out on the lively festivities... plus his girlfriend, Jaiden, was awake and playing.  We got all settled in, put Taylor to bed (she did not sleep very well), and hung out with everyone for a bit.

The next day, we hit up the lake.  We anchored down at the infamous Hell's Gate and swam around for a bit.  When we came back, the luau party was just about to begin.  The kids' water slide was already set up and some folks were sporting their grass skirts.  As the people were getting ready for the party -mowing and such - someone ran across two tiny baby bunnies.  The poor things were terrified, so we gathered them up and made a home for them.  Most of the dogs out there roam free, so it wasn't safe for them to be left alone.  I bottle fed them for the first few days with small animal milk replacer.  They now eat rabbit food.

The food that night was awesome!  I could have eaten those ribs every day for the rest of my life - Taylor and CK ate them up, too.  And I actually had some potato salad that I really liked!  Candice and I rocked the karaoke, while the kiddos practiced flips and tumbling in the grass.

On Sunday, we went back out on the boat for some tubing action. CK jumped right on the tube. He did not even want me to ride with him on his first go.  After a few runs, I jumped on with him.  He liked for me to lay down while he stood over me, holding onto my lifejacket as a "ski rope".  He said he was "kurfing" (surfing). 

 I love this picture.
 And I love this picture.
 And this one.
This one, too.



 Hell's Gate (I did not take this.  I forgot to take a picture of it.  Duh!)
 (This is not my picture.  I put it on here to show how everyone ties up together in Hell's Gate.)



I am pretty sure this is how CK's boogie board broke in half.  Haha.

 Everyone, even Frank the pup, was so tired.
 Christian and Jaiden fell asleep on the couch together. 

 
 All by himself on that big ol' tube








1 comment:

  1. We were all SO happy y'all came!! Can't wait till next time!
    Ah! I see the culprit who broke the boogie board is finally revealed! hahaha

    I'll send you some panoramic pics I took of Hell's Gate the first time we went. They're pretty good, considering my photography skills :)

    ~Candice D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed!