#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} -->

Friday, September 25, 2009

18 week check-up

Ryan and I went in to Dr. Froeschke's office today to have the sonogram done and get a monthly checkup. We waited for a few minutes for the sono nurse to come and get us. When we walked into her room, she asked me to pull down my pants and underwear. Without hesitation, I pulled my pants and underwear off and set them in her chair. I then went to grab the large pink blanket to cover myself as she turned around. She looked shocked and embarrassed and quickly turned her head back around. She said to me "No! You just have to pull them down a tad so I can get to your lower abdomen". I did think it was a little odd... but wasn't going to be shy. I just said "Oh. Oops." and put my clothes back on. I am sure he has seen many women's booties. Why not add mine to the collection? Oops!
The sono went fine. There is a small calcium deposit in her heart that appears on 10-20% of sonograms (it showed up as a bright spot). My doctor said they usually just float around and then go away on their own. Just to be sure we are going to have another sonogram done at 28 weeks. I have my triple screen done next week, just to make sure all of my hormones are in order. Though, I don't doubt they are with all the 24/7 morning sickness. At first, I refused this test because I know we will love this baby no matter what. But, it always helps to be prepared and this test doesn't raise any risks.
The nurse told us its a girl. ITS A GIRL. Maybe Taylor Rose (though Rose could change). Wow! It still hasn't set in completely. Ryan, my dad, and my brother were all right. Ryan says its karma getting him back. I am excited because I can now start decorating the baby room. I love decorating and have been anticipating this moment for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed!